GODQUEST Bible Adventure Workshops is a Bible study designed exclusively for Trinity to meet the needs of our own 1st through 5th grade kids! In GODQUEST, the children work on key themes and concepts of a particular Bible story for a period of several weeks. This allows the children time to dig deeper into the meaning of the story learning how to apply its principles to their own lives. Each week, the children rotate to a different workshop. While the main objectives of the study remains constant in each of the workshops, the children get the chance to explore the same story several different ways! Some of the kid-friendly workshops offered over the course of the year include….ART, DRAMA, MUSIC, GAMES, COMPUTERS, COOKING, SCIENCE, STORYTELLING, VIDEO & MORE!
Our Current Study
GODQUEST Fall 2019 (Sep 15-Oct 13)
The Body of Christ
This rotation will primarily focus on the Apostle Paul’s words recorded in 1 Corinthians where he describes the early church as the Body of Christ. Although each person of the church has unique skills and serves in different ways, when combined together, they form one Church. And, just like a human body is not complete without all its parts, the church is not complete without all its different people and ministries. All parts are equally important and needed! The children will also begin to understand the concept of the nine aspects of the Fruit of the Spirit.
Normally children will meet in West balcony for praise and worship and then move to the classrooms to split up into groups by grade for their workshops. Pick-up is immediately after the 9:30 am service ends in classroom B/C.
Lesson Objectives – Students will…
- locate 1 Corinthians and Galatians in the New Testament and know the apostle Paul wrote them.
- discover that many books in the New Testament were letters written to encourage believers.
- realize that as Christians it is important to encourage one another, especially within our families.
- understand that the Church is the Body of Christ: We are the hands, eyes, ears and feet of Jesus to carry on His work in the world. All parts are equally needed.
- learn that the Fruit of the Spirit are qualities that show that the Holy Spirit lives in those who have trusted Christ as their Savior. God sends the Holy Spirit to help them show love to others the way Jesus did.
- recite 1 Corinthians 12:27 and Galatians 5:22.
Key Memory Verse:
1 Corinthians 12:27: “All of you are Christ’s body, and each one is a part of it.”
QUEST Memory Verse:
Galatians 5:22-23a: “But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.”