GODQUEST Bible Adventure Workshops is a Bible study designed exclusively for Trinity to meet the needs of our own 1st through 5th grade kids! In GODQUEST, the children work on key themes and concepts of a particular Bible story for a period of several weeks. This allows the children time to dig deeper into the meaning of the story learning how to apply its principles to their own lives. Each week, the children rotate to a different workshop. While the main objectives of the study remains constant in each of the workshops, the children get the chance to explore the same story several different ways! Some of the kid-friendly workshops offered over the course of the year include….ART, DRAMA, MUSIC, GAMES, COMPUTERS, COOKING, SCIENCE, STORYTELLING, VIDEO & MORE!
Our Current Study
GODQUEST May 31 – June 28
Over the next five weeks, the children will learn about Daniel, an important Old Testament prophet with each week focusing on one portion of Daniel’s story and how it relates to key aspects of his life: Integrity, Strength, Courage, Humility, and Faith. Daniel was exiled to Babylon along with his friends. God blessed him, and he was moved into King Nebuchadnezzar’s service. There he was given opportunities to exalt God through his knowledge, wisdom, and ability to interpret dreams. Later, Daniel and his friends would boldly stand for God in the face of trouble. Through several trials, including a fiery furnace and the lion’s den, God showed that He alone is the Protector and Provider to those who love and serve Him. Daniel’s life is a rich example of how Christians can live lives that are pleasing to God.
Story: The book of Daniel
Normally children meet in West balcony for praise and worship and then move to the classrooms to split up into groups by grade for their workshops. Pick-up is immediately after the 9:30am service ends in classroom B/C.
Lesson Objectives – Students will…
- locate the book of Daniel in the Old Testament and retell the key events of Daniel’s life in their own words.
- understand that Daniel was a prophet. God had given him a great gift to let others know what God was telling them through their dreams.
- realize that throughout Daniel’s entire life, he never wavered in his faith in God. He was just a young teen, not much older than our GODQUEST kids, when the book begins and it ends with Daniel as a very old man, well into his 80s.
- know that Daniel maintained a vibrant faith in God despite living and working in an ungodly culture surrounded by unbelievers and experiencing a lot of trials and trouble in his life.
- explore what it means for us to live a life that is pleasing to God even when others around us aren’t.
- recite 1 Corinthians 16:13 (NIV) and James 1:2-3 (NIrV)
- enjoy their study; be blessed by the study; have fun!
Key Memory Verse:
1 Corinthians 16:13 – “Watch; stand fast in the faith; be brave; be strong.” (NKJV)
QUEST Memory Verse:
James 1: 2-3 – “. . .You will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be tested. You know that when this happens it will produce in you the strength to continue.” (NIrV)