Welcome to Trinity’s Kid Church online!
We hope that you and your family are healthy and safe at home enjoying each other’s company and God’s presence. He is always with us as His Word promises.
Please find below three age-specific lessons that our Trinity kids (or your child/children) would have learned during class time on Sunday. We encourage you to read through the appropriate lesson first and then actively help your child read and understand the lesson no matter their age. It is important to keep connected to God and to each other, especially at times like this and we hope that these lessons will help you in planning your own family worship time this week.
Peace and blessings from your Trinity Family!
More resources for you and your family are below:
- RightNow Media FREE Video Library – A FREE virtual library full of kid-appropriate Bible videos your kids can view as you watch the Sunday sermon online. If you already have an account, you are good to go. If not, email Cindy@TrinityNY.org to get set up.
- You Version Bible App for Kids – A FREE app with colorfully illustrated Bible stories to capture young children’s attention. There are also games to play to reinforce the story concepts.
- NEXGEN Crisis Conversation Family Guides – Age-specific guides on how to talk about the crisis with your children.
- WORSHIP IDEAS – “You have made sure that children and infants praise you. Their praise is a wall that stops the talk of your enemies.” (Psalm 8:2 NIRV)
- PRAYER IDEAS – “If two or three people come together in my name, I am there with them.” (Matt 18:20 ICB)
- Make prayer like a conversation between you, your child, and God.
- Walk around your home or your neighborhood and pray.
- Pick a weekly verse for your family to learn and meditate on. One to get started: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
- BIBLE IDEAS
Select a story from the Bible (use the Bible app for kids) to read a portion together and then talk about how it speaks to each person.
Preschool Discussion Ideas: While reading the story aloud, have your little one act it out, then tell the story back to you. Remind them of these truths: Jesus loves me; Jesus sees me; Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Kids/Youth Discussion Ideas:
- Who are the characters in this passage?
- What are some words or pictures that you remember while reading? Why do you think you remember that?
- What picture do you imagine in your mind when we read this story?
- What is your favorite part about what we read together?
- What do you think Jesus wants to tell you through this?
- What are some ways that you and I can live out what we learned together?